Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ballarat, take 2

Our friend Pete arrived the day before my parents, so after some jet lag adjustment we did a cruise down the Mornington Peninsula (where my Mom and I found, quite by accident, a quilt shop. Okay, not quite by accident...). We had a lovely day, and then the next day headed up to Ballarat and Soveriegn Hill. We did some competitive gold panning (Doug and I initially tied, but he kept at it and surpassed my find!), some candle dipping, a mine tour, and a lot of walking. We were able to catch the sound and light show in the evening, thanks to the hospitality of our friend Jasmeet. A lovely time was had by all, and we were lucky enough to get some rain, always a good thing in this area of the country.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home