Saturday, April 21, 2007

Gold Coast

  The Gold Coast of Australia really reminded those of us who had visited Florida of that state. There were more ways to take your money than you could count, and we certainly enjoyed many of them. Clarissa and I did Wet n' Wild (I think I aged 10 years on some of those rides!), while Doug and Miranda visited Movieworld and Seaworld. My parents and Doug's Dad made it to a wildlife sanctuary during the first theme park day, and there was horseback riding for the girls and I while a 4x4 trip happened for the rest of our party. We also did a bus tour of Tropical Fruit World (Miranda holding a giant Avacado, esp. for Emily!)and Springbrook National Park. On the way we met some rosellas and you can see Clarissa with a silly galah. At this point we said goodbye to my Mom and Dad, as they'll be heading home soon from Brisbane. The rest of us headed back to Melbourne, tired but ready to come back and ignore the commercial end and lounge on the beach.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Totty said...

Was your 4x4 trip out to Fraser Island? If not, I recommend you try it if you get a chance. Huge island of sand where huge trees now grow (4 foot diameter and above) and there's some beautiful lakes to swim in and camping, and it'll all 4x4 only access. You drive along the beaches. It's really cool.

-- Mike T.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home